Frequently asked questions
We hope that you will find all the answers you need in Frequently Asked Questions below. If we have missed anything, please just give us a call or send us an email by using the enquiry form on our contact us page and we will do all we can to help.
- How do we get to No.fifty6?
- It is very easy to find our Bed and Breakfast. We are an hour and a half's drive from Calais in the village of La Boisselle on the D929 Bapaume to Albert road. There are good rail links from London (via Lille to Albert) and Paris. Those flying in find we are accessible from Paris Beauvais, Paris CDG or Brussels airports. Further directions can be found via our Contact Us page.
- Can you cater for All Dietary Requirements/Vegan etc?
- Yes! Plant based food available for breakfast and dinner. In fact whatever your dietary requirements, vegetarian, coeliac, allergies, keto, intolerances, we can cater for anyone. Simply let us know so you can enjoy your food worry-free.
- How can we book a room or check availability?
- You can easily check availability by checking the availability calendar on our website then reserve your rooms with us, by phone or email or use the Contact Us facility on our website. We do get booked up quickly so please contact us as soon as you have dates in mind so we can reserve your preferred dates.
We do not require a deposit.
If you need to cancel your stay with us, please give as much notice as possible.
- What are the bedroom facilities?
- Each bedroom comes with its own tea and coffee making facilities (something of a rarity in France). We will keep it stocked up throughout your stay. Every room also has a private, en-suite shower room, toiletries, Egyptian cotton towels and bed linen, free WiFi, extra pillows and individually controlled radiators.
- What is the 'Walk with me' Battlefield experience?
- The ‘Walk with me’ Battlefield experience is an additional service we offer. An opportunity to explore this amazing area with David's local knowledge and passion for the events which took place here. David and Julie are associate members of the International Guild of Battlefield Guides and the European Tour Operators' Association. We also research family connections and make your Walk With Me as personal as possible. Please contact David or Julie directly for more details.
- Do you have parking facilities?
- We have private parking in a courtyard with spaces for up to 8 cars or motorbikes, free of charge to residents. Whilst the area is very safe, and our gates are locked at night, owners’ vehicles are left at their own risk.
- What do you offer for breakfast?
- Breakfast is as hearty and or healthy as you like, with a full English breakfast cooked to order or a continental breakfast with juice, fruit, cereal, yoghurts and more. If you have any special dietary requirements, please let us know so that we can cater for your needs. All ingredients are sourced locally where possible.
Breakfast times are flexible. If you need to eat early or late, please let us know so we can try to accommodate you with a packed-breakfast or room service.
- Do you accommodate pets?
- As much as we love animals, we are unable to accept pets in fairness to all guests.
- When do we have to check-in/out?
- We are completely flexible. All we ask is that you let us know an approximate time of arrival and departure.
- Do you provide an Internet Connection?
- Our B&B provides free WiFi throughout the house, including bedrooms. Please ask us for the login details to connect your own devices to our secure wifi.
- What is available for lunch and dinner?
- We can recommend many wonderful restaurants in the local area, just minutes away from the B&B to suit all tastes and budgets. We are happy to book tables and taxis for you.
Julie is happy to cook using fresh, local ingredients if you are interested in a home cooked meal. We can also provide scrummy packed lunches for your day's explorations. Just let us know.
- Is there a minimum stay period?
- There is no minimum stay at No.fifty6. We will just be delighted to welcome you.
- What is your smoking policy?
- In line with current French legislation, the accommodation at No.fifty6 is non smoking.
- Do you have a Green Policy?
- We are passionate about protecting our local environment and reducing our carbon footprint. All our supplies and breakfast ingredients are locally sourced where possible. We recycle most categories of waste to ensure the minimum amount goes to landfill. We are delighted that we have been awarded a Trip Advisor Green Leaders Award for our environmental policies.
30th November 2023
November, November, where did you go? The month has past by here in a blur of activity.
So, what has been going on this November?
The weather has been wet, wet, wet! The wettest November we can remember for ages. Oh, and not forgetting Storm Ciaran who blew in with a savage intensity. Luckily, no damage here, but the Pas De Calais just north of us has seen some of the worst flooding for a generation. It also blew down some of the large trees in Newfoundland Park. We have had the odd, chilly, blue-sky day thrown in and even our first frosts of the winter. The light has sometimes been exquisite, the rain bringing clouds and rainbows and the mists bringing a surreal, ethereal beauty as we look across our beautiful landscape. Still the farmers toil, the tractors clogged with mud, deep ploughing and reseeding in evidence. Final crops such as sugar beet have been collected. The landscape while the same, changes its quilt for winter, already a green hue from new seedlings.
What poetry has inspired us this month?