The term 'No.fifty6' or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, images and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
30th June 2017
As you read this, the commemorations which mark the 101st year since the commencement of the Battle of The Somme will be taking place. Today ceremonies will be held across the Somme from Lochnagar to Fricourt German Cemetery and many other locations across the Somme. We will take a moment of quiet reflection to think about the events here 101 years ago and the shadow those events still cast all these years later.
June has been hot – heatwave time and the fields are dry and bronzed. The farmers shake their heads at the lack of rain (unusual here) and irrigation pipes are springing up across the fields. As always the different weather brings a different beauty to the beautiful part of France we are lucky enough to call home.